What would you do if your home was destroyed by a fire, or one of your water pipes burst while you were on vacation, or a burglar stole valuable items from your home?
You can’t prepare for everything but planning for the unexpected when dealing with property claims could make these situations easier to handle.
Below are some things to consider before a loss happens:
- Take photographs with a phone camera to document ownership of items.
- Walk room by room, making notes of items. Don’t forget things like artwork, bedding, and clothing.
- Prepare an inventory list of your property throughout your home.
- Make sure you record high-value items such as antiques, guns, and jewelry.
- Don’t forget storage sheds and your garage for contents you may have outside of the home.
If you suffer a loss, below is a checklist of things to do to make the claim go more efficiently:
- Notify us immediately at Benton White Insurance. We’re here to help!
- Protect your property from further damage.
- Create an inventory of damaged or destroyed items.
- Keep your inventory cataloged by room. This way you’ll be less likely to forget something.
- Fully describe each damaged item, including quantity, age, brand, model and serial number, if available.
- Submit completed inventory forms to your claim adjuster when they ask for them as soon as possible.
- Save all receipts for items you replaced and number each to correspond with your inventory.
Dealing with a loss can be emotional and time-consuming. It is our agency’s goal to provide excellent claims service. By using these tips, you will be better prepared for the unexpected and know what to do if a loss occurs.
Great companies, great service and nearly 50 years of combined insurance experience makes us one of the top agencies in this area. We’re ready to help you with your insurance!
Feel free to EMAIL us at info@BentonWhite.com or TEXT or CALL – 615.377.1212. We’re always ready to earn your business!
Parents play a critical role in helping their teens learn the nuances and complexities of driving. Although graduated licensing requirements vary by state, most mandate a certain number of practice driving hours with a parent or an instructor in the car as part of the process. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens, and teenage boys are twice as likely to die as teenage girls, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. New teen drivers are especially...
We get the question consistently: “Am I covered if I rent a car?” The usual answer is YES if you rent in the US. If you rent outside the US, then most likely NO applies. The solution to the NO answers could be with your credit card if you have one. Credit cards offer versatility to your lifestyle. Many cards offer a variety of rewards, one being the rental car insurance benefit. This benefit can save you money every time you rent a car because it provides a free collision damage...
We have great questions from customers quite often asking if the insurance they have acquired from us covers this or that etc. We do our best to answer those questions – some easy – some not! We offer some of the coverage’s that you need but there are times, we’ll refer them to other sources for specialty types of coverage’s as mentioned in this blog article. Let’s discuss some of the most asked questions from the insurance needing public: Pet Insurance Buy it. “It’s heartbreaking to watch...